2019 Summer Program Overview for Non-Member Families
RYC is please to offer participation in the Morning Program and Junior Sailing Program to friends and relatives of its members on a space available basis.
- Applications will be considered for all age groups in the morning and sailing programs.
- Swimming and tennis programs (including lessons and teams) are for members-only (although morning and sailing programs will make use of the pool).
- Priority will be given to grandchildren of members, returning sailors and returning campers.
- A lottery is held for any remaining spaces.
- All applicants will be notified regarding acceptance by March 15, 2019.
In order to register, a non-member will need:
- Sponsoring member's name
- Sponsoring member's email
- Sponsoring member's RYC ID number
In addition to filling out the on-line registration, non-member applicants must forward their information to Riverside Yacht Club, in an envelope marked "Attention: 2019 Junior Program" by February 28, 2019. Please include the following:
- A check covering the $250 registration fee per child, made payable to Riverside Yacht Club
- A printed copy of their on-line registration form
If accepted into the program, non- refundable program fees (checks made payable Riverside Yacht Club) must be received by March 31st in order to guarantee your child's spot in the program. Receipt of the program fees will be considered acceptance and the fees will be deposited alongside the non-refundable registration fees.
Once fees have been paid, non-members will receive a card with an assigned account number which may be used as stated in the letter accompanying the card for functions such as purchasing merchandise at the mandatory sailing meeting, the opening ceremony picnic, drinks at the bar during the evening of the morning camp show, the awards banquet, or for afternoon sailors at the snack bar during the program. This applies to the sailor only and not to be extended to members of their family.
Please remember that no guest may be introduced by any one member to use the beach and pool more than once a month.
Please remember that non-members participating in morning activities must be picked up at noon. Afternoon sailors may arrive at noon for their 1pm start, and must be picked up by 5pm. This leaves ample time to rig and de-rig boats and have a quick snack if desired.
Throughout the summer, please check the bulletin boards at the pool and Junior Clubhouse for schedule changes and additional information.
As always, please drive slowly on Club Rd as well as into and out of the parking lot.